Monday, July 14, 2008

Demo

As in demolition. Mr. Pointy Sticks and I are home today, waiting for the crew to come and knock out (and then rebuild) our master bath and replace the ceiling in the office. They were supposed to be here at 8 a.m. It's now 9 a.m. I could have slept a little later.

Posting may be light over the next couple of weeks. (Light but undoubtedly cranky.) And will probably be pictureless, as it's my desktop that has my camera software on it. And that's a pity, because I really wanted to take a picture last night.

I figured since the office was going to be torn up, I'd better divide the Numma Numma Brunch for Beth yarn into two equal balls last night. (The office is where I set up my swift and, when necessary, my electronic scale.) And I love this yarn. Even more wound than in the skein, I think. It's wonderfully soft. And the balls remind me of the planet Earth floating in space...okay, more brown and less blue, but still...that same feeling. I'll take a picture to post sometime.

I liked it so much, I went to the Loopy Ewe late last night and ordered another skein of it. (All the Numma Numma yarns that were posted a couple of weeks ago sold out almost immediately...except for the Brunch for Beth. So I figured it was fate that I order another skein of it.)

And I think I know which pattern I'm going to use for Beth's Brunchy socks.

Oh and the new phone is up and running. I had a little trouble the first time we tried to program it. I was told to wait a few hours until it connected....and it never did. So I called them back the next day and they walked me through the process again and this time, after waiting a few hours, I tried again and it was all set up and good to go. I may have screwed it up the first time because I was entering phone numbers and such, not just letting it sit quietly.

I'm impressed by the friendliness of the Credo tech people. They apparently have a big Credo center in Nova Scotia. And you know how nice Canadians are!

No comments: