Sunday, December 30, 2007

Still A Little Christmas

We went over to my aunt and uncle's this afternoon and had Christmas. My cousin Becca had bought the family a Jeopardy DVD game but unfortunately it kept freezing up and having to be re-started, which was sort of disappointing. Becca seemed to like her wrist warmers, modeled here by Rachel. They are from Weekend Knitting and were done in less than one skein of Malabrigo in Indigo.


ML, your's are not the same, so don't get all excited...or disappointed. My aunt liked her scarf, my uncle liked his Prosecco and the other family members seemed to like their gift cards. So, successful all around, I think.

I got a wonderful onion chopping device, which is nice because my current Onion Chopping Device will be leaving for college in (weep) a couple of weeks. (Man, Rachel does a great job chopping onions and garlic. I think she has the patience that I lack.) And my aunt gave me five or six skeins (I think it was six but I can't remember for sure) of Mirasol Hacho in a blend of blues and purples and touches of pink. Yum! I'll try to get a picture of that in a day or so. And Becca gave me the Pop-Up Moby Dick. It's wild. And something I saw in the store and mentioned to Mr. Pointy Sticks...fortunately, he didn't pick up on the hint. Or perhaps Becca had spoken to him.

And Alaina gave us a tower of home-made cookies and fudge. Yum again.

Current Reading

I finished Swan Song and am now about half-way through July, July by Tim O'Brien. Pretty good. I have lots of good books awaiting me, too.

1 comment:

becky c. said...

That is my favorite part about Christmas - the big pile of books waiting for me!