Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In Which We Regret the Loss of Memory

So, I was riding home this afternoon and either saw something or thought of something or heard something on the radio and thought, "I should write something about that!" And now, alas, it is gone completely. I think my brain is full of holes.

However, I came home to a lovely surprise. We have a little Secret Santa exchange on Readerville and this year my Secret Santa sent me this book: Trail


I have been trying to take some pictures of the magnificent pop-ups in this book but they are, except for a tiny bit of color at the end, all white on white, and very hard to photograph. But there are butterflies and a lizard and a dragonfly. And a lovely little poem to tie the pages together. This present so brightened my day.

And the second pair of mitts are finished. Huzzah...and I cleverly (and it was oh, so complicated!) figured out how to reverse the spiral ribs on the second mitt so that they are symmetrical. Pretty knobby!

And now, alas, I have a nasty headache so I think I will be taking myself bedward for the evening. Well, maybe a quick stop at Ravelry first...

No comments: