Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sad News

Terry Pratchett released this information today. This is just heart-breaking news. Rachel's first comment was "Why couldn't it have been Dan Brown?" and, while I can't wish ill on others (well, not publicly), I certainly do wish that one of the brightest, cleverest, most verbally adept authors I know wasn't facing this. This news (and possibly the still gray, gray weather) has me feeling rather melancholy.

Current Reading

I finished The Quiet Girl last night and, while I enjoyed it while I was reading it, I was left feeling rather....confused? deflated? stupid? I dunno. There just wasn't much there there. Or something.

But last night I picked up the Bill Slider omnibus that I had gotten from Powell's a day or two ago. I love Cynthia Harrod-Eagle's Bill Slider mysteries and this omnibus has Dead Ends, Blood Lines and Killing Time in it. It's a big ole paperback and not the most comfortable to read. And I may even already have one or two of these books in separate editions. But hey, I get to read about Slider and Atherton...I'm happy.

No comments: