Thursday, December 13, 2007

Woot!

Well, I am certainly chuffed with myself tonight. I was working away on my aunt's scarf and suddenly realized that, about 28 rows down, in one of the YO/K1/YO columns, there was a loose float of yarn. I stared aghast...we're talking about ripping back two days work....in mohair.

So, figuring I was either going to have to 1) ignore it (not an option), 2) frog it all the way back (not appealing), or 3) drop that K1 stitch down and see if I could pick it up correctly again...I opted for the third. And I did it! I was able to figure out how to catch the threads and keep the YO's nicely twisted. I can't describe what I did....and neophyte blogger that I am, it wasn't until it was all done that I thought "I should have blogged this!"....but it's done. And it looks fine. Thanks heavens it wasn't in one of the YO/slip1/k2tog/psso/YO columns. I don't think I could have reconstructed one of them.

Man, I feel like such a knitter.

3 comments:

Miss T said...

Cool!

becky c. said...

Rock on, sistah!!

Rooie said...

I know that this really wasn't such a big deal. I mean, it isn't reconstructing a lace stole...but man, I felt so proud of myself afterward!