Thursday, December 27, 2007

In Which We Go A'Gley

You know...like the best laid plans.

We were all set to head over to my aunt and uncle's this afternoon but she remembered that she had a luncheon engagement, so we have postponed until Sunday. Which may be just as well, as there is the chance that some cousins will be there, also.

So...a lazy day today with reading and knitting and interneting and listening to music. Not bad. Sure beats work!

Current Reading

Actually, the book I am still in the middle of is Swan Song, but I took a break from that and read Seaworthy, which was a Christmas gift from Mr. Pointy Sticks. I had it on my wish list because it is by T.R. Pearson, who is one of my favorite novelists (on, admittedly, a long list). This book is non-fiction, primarily about William Willis who was, to put it mildly, eccentric and rafted alone in both the Pacific and Atlantic in the '50s and '60's. (Think Thor Heyerdahl, but solo. Pearson also talks about Heyerdahl and some other rafters...the '50's were apparently a great decade for rafting across oceans.) Anyway, the book was fascinating...and funny in spots. I recommend it.

No comments: