Friday, December 21, 2007

A Christmas Tradition I'd Rather Not Keep, Thank You

For quite a string of years there, in my twenties and early thirties, I seemed to get sick every Christmas. The past two days I've been feeling achy and sinus-y and headache-y generally bleah. I am hoping that I can kick whatever it is by Monday.

The second bootie is finished. Even Mr. Pointy Sticks, who because of his chromosomes is not naturally inclined to find things "cute," thought the first bootie was pretty charming. And asked where I got it. When I said I made it, he was properly appreciative. Or perhaps he just likes hearing me say "bootie."

And now the hat is started...I swear these size 1 needles make me feel as though I am knitting with toothpicks. But the end result is so charming.

Tomorrow I need to run to The Black Sheep (I know! What a pity! Weep for me!) and pick up some size two double-points, which I neglected to see I needed. And I may just have to look at the other Araucania sock yarn.....I mean, my arm might be twisted.

Oh, and I need some tiny buttons.

No comments: