Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Now For The Weekend!

Hurrah! I made it through work today (such a struggle) and now have four days off. Then work on Monday and off Tuesday. Not too shabby.

While I did have some work to do today, it was slow enough that I managed to finish the bonnet for the baby (still need to do ties of some sort) and got the buttons sewed on the booties. Exhibit One: The finished booties:


(They remind me of cicadas. I don't think I'll tell the new Mom that.)

And Exhibit Two - Rachel's zombie models the baby hat. Which is unblocked still and looks, as the Yarn Harlot would say, like ass:


I think that the booties will probably be too small even for a newborn and the hat will probably fit in July. Just what your baby wants in Baltimore in July...a wool hat!

Oh well, I tried.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those tiny shoes are to die for!

Rooie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rooie said...

Thanks! They were a lot of fun to make. I was really hoping to find tiny, flat, bright pink buttons...like a shirt button but flat but these pearls were the best I could come up with.