Saturday, December 1, 2007

I Surprise Myself

The Winter issue of Knitters came today. There are actually a few things I like in it. Like the Chalk Stripes scarf. And the Winter Wheat sweater, which looks like a nice weekend sort of sweater.

And there are quite a few "uh...no"s...like this, and this, and this. Just to mention a few.

But I love the Chased Silver Sweater.

Had a nice evening tonight....dinner at Zen West (Shoot! I should have taken my camera!) with our friend, Don, and then a little visit to Daedalus, where I snagged some Christmas presents. So virtuous. The only thing I bought myself was a Pop-Up Peter Rabbit that's pretty cute.

I almost bought a Christmas picture book. When Rachel was small, every Christmas we'd buy at least one new Christmas story. And this one was cute, about a small mouse and his wish for Christmas. But really....it's not as though Rachel's going to curl up and listen to picture books with me. So I put it back.

The Chevron scarf is finished, soaked and blocking. Pictures tomorrow, perhaps. Then I can send it off to its new owner.

And this evening...well, maybe tomorrow, it is getting a little late....I start playing around with the yarn to make a scarf for my aunt.

And we get our new fridge!

3 comments:

becky c. said...

That purple and gold sweater vest is shockingly awful, even for Knitter's. When they miss the boat, they really miss the boat!!

Don't you hate how big kids refuse to act like little kids, even for Christmas! Can't they humor us a little?

Rooie said...

Really. The ingrates!

Maybe I could say, "Rachel, this year as your Christmas present to me, we are going to curl up together and read our Christmas picture books."

Nah, can't see it happening.

Ackery said...

Hmn. I can't get the link to work, but I trust your judgment.

Can you work out a little quid pro quo with Rachel? "If you want us to keep up beloved holiday tradition X, you need to curl up on the couch and read with me?" I admit, it's not necessarily in the Christmas spirit to blackmail your offspring, but you know, the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come had to practice tough love, too.