Monday, December 17, 2007

In Which We Make Christmas Cookies

Today we had to be off to have the plumber come and to get Rachel to the dentist, so my brother came over and he and I made Christmas cookies. It was fun, despite my more than a little crowded kitchen. And the results?

Double Lemon Cookies



and Chocolate Pretzels.


The Double Lemon Cookies are a crisp cookie with some lemon zest in them and some confectioners sugar/lemon juice glaze dribbled over them. I think we made the glaze a little too thin but they are tasty.

The Chocolate Pretzels are from Martha Stewart's 2006 Holiday issue and are good*. They aren't overwhelmingly chocolate-y but they were pretty quick and fun to make. They are a sturdy cookie that would travel well.

Oh, and while waiting for the plumber this morning and waiting for Rachel at the dentist's, I started the first one of the second pair of mitts. Charging right along. And I got some yarn today from Webs with which to make Rachel a hat. Yummy.
______________

* Having eaten more than one since I posted that, I think I would change this rating....they are much better right out of the oven than they are cold. They really don't have a whole lot of taste and they are awfully dry.

No comments: