Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Who'da thunk I would have made it to 2008? I remember being ten or so and figuring out that in the year 2000 I'd be 46. And thinking, "Well, that's old...I'll probably never make it."

Stayed up to see in the year with Mr. Pointy Sticks, Rachel, my brother and his sweetie. Though, to be honest, since I had gotten up at 6 a.m. that morning, I would have been just as happy to shove the clock hands forward at about 11 and say the year had started. But we did have fun. I bought a new game to play called Dicescapades, which started sort of slowly but picked up and was a good bit of fun.

And we had the last bit of Christmas...though that's not exactly true as I still have something for my friend Maureen.

And as promised, some yarn:

The Hacho from my aunt - look at those yummy colors. Five skeins. What can I do with five skeins of Hacho? (Really, what do you think? I'm open to all suggestions. I'm thinking shawl/stole sort of thing. I don't think there's enough for a vest, though that option is appealing. Hmmmm...I could combine it with some solid color of something and make a mock fair-isle sort of thing.)



And some scrumptious handspun that was sent to me by someone for whom I knit a scarf. Completely unexpected and undeserved. So lovely and spun and dyed by her daughter-in-law. 136 yards - I'm thinking some sort of neckwarmer/dickie/cowl sort of scarf. Something that will stand up around my neck with some pretty buttons to hold it closed. The wheels are turning. (The color isn't exactly right here...it is a little bluer, though it does have gray and green in it.)

3 comments:

Cyn said...

That handspun looks so yummy! What about Tudora from Knitty for a pattern for it?

Rooie said...

That's the sort of thing I had in mind...but that exact pattern had slipped that same mind. Thanks, Cyn!

becky c. said...

That IS yummy yarn. Lucky girl!