Monday, January 14, 2008

Catching Up On Books

Today is Rachel's first day of classes. Hope they are going well.

Current Reading

I have been reading and not updating. So here we go.

On Saturday I read Joyce Carol Oates' The Museum of Dr. Moses, a book of creepy little stories. Something about her writing style gets to me usually, but it works in most of these stories. I think my favorites were the title story and the very first one. (Hi! Howya doing?)

And yesterday I read Tom Perotta's Little Children, which I enjoyed. At least, I certainly gobbled it down. Perhaps enjoyed is a little too strong a word, as none of the characters are particularly admirable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Children is that rare case where I thought the movie was better than the book.

Rooie said...

Hmmmm. I'll have to check that out. Though I seem to only watch about a movie a year. And that movie is usually Galaxy Quest.