Monday, January 7, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Temporary Tooth

Have I mentioned that I love my dentist? I went there this afternoon and he patched up what was left of my tooth (not much). (By this afternoon it had started hurting and it is sensitive to cold, which he says is good, as it means the tooth is still alive and I won't need a root canal. I will, however, need a crown.) It feels, to my tongue, pretty much like my old tooth. In two weeks I go back and get crowned. As I was making that appointment, I asked how much I owed him for this afternoon. He just grinned and said, "I'll chalk this one up to your frequent flyer miles. It's a freebie." Nice guy.

The baby booties and the cap are all wrapped up and ready to go to work tomorrow for the baby shower. I won't be attending but my gifts will be. (For one thing, they are going to be playing "shower games." My mind shudders.)

Rachel has gotten her room assignment and she will be in the same dorm as her friend, one floor down. She has a roommate from Vermont and the room is 13' by 14'...pretty good size, I think. According to her friend, these are among the nicest rooms there are. All women dorm and substance-free -- no smoking, drinking or drugs. She's busy upstairs packing things up as I type this.

4 comments:

Kaethe said...

Trying to keep up. Are all-women and/or substance-free dorms to be preferred these days?

Kaethe said...

And, glad you got a tooth. Nice dentist.

Rooie said...

Well, for Rachel they are. The substance-free part, at least. She wanted the women's dorm because that's the dorm her friend is in and it's nice to be close. As Margot said, "The co-ed dorms? They just don't smell very good."

Kaethe said...

Co-ed dorms were still newish in my day, and highly desirable. I feel so old.