Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So Who Went to the Doctor...?

We drove Rachel to the doctor's yesterday (we travel in packs) and I sat in the waiting room hacking my lungs up. Yup, I'm sick. Horrible racking cough...but no fever or anything which I find sort of odd. I'm home from work today because I spent a lot of last night trying to enter the Coughing Olympics and I was pretty exhausted this morning.

But let's see...the weekend wasn't a total mess. My cousin ML was up to visit with my aunt and uncle and we talked them and my brother and S into going out to dinner with us at Green Leaf, this wonderful Japanese restaurant we like a lot. ML, who is a nurse practitioner, spent the entire meal leaning as far away from me as possible and predicting, direly, that I would be getting much worse. (I really should have suggested that Mr. Pointy Sticks sit between us as a buffer, I guess...sorry, ML.) Nice meal anyway and with luck, I didn't contaminate anyone. And really, I wasn't feeling that bad...it's just this cough.

Got Rachel to the doctor.

Finished up the scarf for the person whose angel I am. Got everything wrapped and packed and Mr. Pointy Sticks will be mailing it today. We had stopped at Daedalus briefly on the way down to get Rachel on Saturday and I picked up a book for the package...one I have and like. (I won't say what it is yet on the very-off chance she reads this. I read her blog and I think I have commented on it so she might have back-tracked here)

Because I can't open my mouth without starting a coughing fit, I canceled my appointment for the new crown. So I was able to accompany Mr. Pointy Sticks on the drive to take Rachel back to school yesterday. It was sure easier to leave her there this week! She seemed pleased to get back and see her other suite mates (if not her room-mate, who is...well, not perfect....she is Korean, has said about two words to Rachel though she is apparently very chatty with her friends, will not allow visitors to the room, was very upset when Rachel put something in "her" refrigerator...on the other hand, as Rachel says, she's quiet and doesn't wander in drunk at three in the morning and turn on the tv to fall asleep.)

Because it was MLK Day, traffic was minimal and we had little trouble. Quick trips both ways.

And now...I think it's nap-time.

No comments: