Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Well, That Was Gratifying

The baby shower, for which I knit the booties and the hat (which really looked so much nicer after some blocking and for which I made twisted cord ties), was held today in the conference area next to my desk. At one point during all the gift opening I heard a huge "Awwwwww!" from everyone there. And one of my co-workers poked her head around the corner and said, "Sheena just opened your present!" So they were a hit, I guess. That pleases me.

(No, I didn't attend the party. I hate parties. In particular parties where you are coerced into playing silly games like "Guess the Baby Food." (At least they didn't smear the baby food in diapers, which I have heard of...the food remained in jars.) What can I say? I'm antisocial. I never attend work parties.)

No comments: