Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wheeee!

I got a Happy Fun Box (TM Half-Assed Knitting) in the mail today, which, in only a very small way, counterbalanced the suckiness of this being Rachel's last night home for a while. Tomorrow we haul her off to school, there (we hope) to stay through the semester...well, we'll let her come home for Spring Break...and perhaps the occasional weekend, if she wants. But, boy, I am going to miss her. I like having her around. what can I say? But I am hoping she'll end up having a blast.

Oh, but the Happy Fun Box! You'll have to wait for pictures, I'm afraid, as I have already packed up the camera for tomorrow. But I got a nice box from Elann. The box had, obviously, gotten very wet at some point...the cardboard was actually delaminating and still damp inside. Fortunately, Elann carefully packs their Happy Fun Yarn in nice heavy plastic bags, so all was safe. I got:

Elann Champagne - sparkly silver and black...a bit more sparkly than I expected, actually...but might make a jazzy ruffly scarf

Elann Incense - in Mineral, which turns out to be a darker gray-blue-green than it appeared on my screen...not quite as frosty looking as I thought. It'll make a nice scarf, I think. It's very soft. (And no knots in sight.)

Elann Tweedy Silk - in Viridian Green...really is reminiscent of verdigris, a lovely bluey-green

Elann Peruvian Alpaca - in a soft purpley gray (purply-gray?)...oh, so soft.

Pictures to follow. And I have Cyn to thank for this....without her Happy Fun Box last week, I wouldn't now have my own (and, uh, two more boxes (one from Loopy Ewe and one from Beaverslide) coming). La, la, la.

Off now to watch Law and Order and Law and Order. Then to bed.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is all.

Rooie said...

Evil...you're evil, I tell you.