Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fidget Number Three

I've got about 5 1/2 inches of my third Fidget done. It would be a little more except that I was knitting this afternoon at lunch...and I'm so-o-o-o-o sleepy....and I realized that I had apparently done the last repeat or two of the pattern on the wrong side. R-i-i-i-i-i-p. On this one I am doing a three-stitch slip stitch edge on either side. (I love this edging for scarves. I originally learned it when doing the Backyard Leaves scarf from Scarf Style and now I use it a lot. On the front side you knit, slip one purlwise with yarn in front, knit, and on the back you slip-one-purlwise-with-yarn-in-front, knit, slip-one-purlwise-with-yarn-in-front. It gives you an Idiot cord edging that makes your scarf look very finished.) I think it's looking pretty good.

I may be done Fidgeting after this one. Though I keep wondering what one might look like in Noro Kureyon.

2 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

Hmmmm...have to try that edge.

Rooie said...

I love this edge. You can see it on my striped scarf in the close-up photo in this post:

http://twopointysticks.blogspot.com/2008/12/yipes-stripes.html