Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Button, Button, I've Got the Button

I stopped by JoAnn's this afternoon and had fun choosing buttons for the Fidgets. These pictures will probably be horrid...they're taken inside at night, but maybe you'll get an idea.

For the pearly plaue blue Fidget, I chose pearly buttons:


And I found these buttons for the eggplant Fidget...don't know if you can see it, but there is some delicate etching on the buttons' surfaces.


And I went ahead and bought some buttons for use on the future Fidget...it's still just the brown skein there on the right.


And I couldn't resist these buttons...they are iridescent blue glass and remind me of some buttons that my mom had.


And then I bought this button...someday I'll make a cardigan that needs one button and I love this one. Isn't it pretty?


I love buttons.

5 comments:

Ackery said...

I meant to tell you how much I liked your Fidget -- and those eggplant buttons are perfect! Only one more day until the weekend...

Rooie said...

Thank you!

Now to figure out what to do with all these Fidgets...

Anonymous said...

Buttons -- I guess it's genetic (sex-linked).

Anonymous said...

Where did your mother's doubtless impressive button collection go? I, of course, have Mom's old button boxes and they are wonderful just to have. Those are all nice buttons that you have there--that singleton is fine.

ml

Rooie said...

I've got most, if not all, of Mom's buttons. In a carton. Somewhere.