Wednesday, August 20, 2008

That Old Rachel

As promised (and yeah, I know these probably won't be of any interest except to me, but they might give you a little chuckle), a story of the Rachel of yore. Specifically, the Rachel at age two.

We were sitting around the dinner table one evening and she said, "May I shriek?"

"Oh," I said, "we don't shriek in the house."

And she looked at me and said, "It will take just a minute."

She was sometimes a reasonable child.

Ahem. Anyway, so, Beth's sock....lookie here.


The heel is turned, the gussets are decreased and we are racing down the foot. And look how nicely it's covering my double chin! Such a good sock! I hope to get it finished before Sunday so that I can work on something else on the trip to Fredericksburg and back. Like a red scarf. Besides, I want to get these off to Beth before the cold weather hits where she lives...and it is almost September.

1 comment:

Kaethe said...

That's a great anecdote. Give us more!