Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Good News, Bad News

The good? We came home this afternoon to find that our shower door is almost completely installed.

The bad? It's the wrong damn door.

Have I mentioned how tiny our bathroom is? It's weensy and when we first talked the job over with the contractor we discussed how weensy it is and how a hinged door, while attractive, wouldn't work. And lo and behold, that's what he installed. Because, he says, I didn't specify a sliding door when I gave him my choices of glass and finish. And I didn't specify sliding because I was following a "Door Wizard" on the site he recommended and ruled out hinged in one of my early choices. I didn't realize that the specs I then gave him for finish and glass would apply equally to sliding or hinged doors. And he didn't bother to call to verify...even though he has every possible phone number we own.

The door looks nice enough. But it bangs against the toilet when you open it and when the towel rods go up, there will be even less room to maneuver oneself into the shower.

And I have a bad headache.

No comments: