Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fingers Crossed!

So...Monday the painter started work. We got home in the afternoon and checked out the computer room. That lovely pale, pale, pale yellow I had picked out? The one Mr. Pointy Sticks had to be talked into? "It'll be fine, hon. You'll hardly notice that it's yellow. It'll just make the room seem warmer." Well, the painter had done the primer and had started cutting in the yellow around the edges. The screaming, bright yellow. I was sort of taken aback and I think Mr. Pointy Sticks was aghast, though he didn't say anything.

Yesterday we got home and gingerly walked into the computer room, which is now entirely yellow...and we liked it! It looks much softer now that the whole room is done. Whew.

"Go up and look at the bathroom," says the painter, "I've done a first coat on that!"

I hated it.

So...cross your fingers that I'll like it today!

Current Reading

I finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close last night and as I expected, it left me teary-eyed. I think I could have been left downright sobbing except that I had a headache already and I didn't want to exacerbate it by crying. But what a good book. I think I had been avoiding it, in part, because Foer is associated with the whole McSweeney gang (Isn't he? He is in my mind, at any rate.) and I tend to think of them as (whispering here) a sort of over-rated bunch. Perhaps I need to change that opinion.

1 comment:

Cara dB said...

We've got yellow dining and living rooms and they are gorgeous. (We moved in with them that color, though, and didn't have any screaming zonker scares.) At least fixing the bathroom paint isn't too difficult, if you do end up needing to adjust it.

And I liked the Foer a lot, too.