Monday, August 18, 2008

Everything Goes With Red!

Scout reminds us that it is getting to be that time of year again. Get out your red yarn and start knitting up a scarf for the Red Scarf project. I’ve done this for a couple of years now and it’s absurdly rewarding. These scarves go to warm the necks of foster kids who have aged out of the system and are headed off to college on their own. And this year they are accepting scarves starting September 1st. I have got to get on the stick...or rather, get on the sticks! The first year I did four scarves...last year they asked that each knitter only send one scarf, as they were, apparently, overwhelmed with contributions. So last year I did one nice scarf and enclosed a Target gift card. Since the date sort of snuck up on me this year, I'm thinking it'll just be one scarf this year, too.

No comments: