No one tagged me for this, but it looks sort of like fun --
Things I've Done (In Bold)
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity - Sorry. I'm just not the type that's going to do anything that I can't afford. Blame my Scots blood!
7. Been to Disneyland/world - No, thank you!!
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo - I'm sorry. I wouldn't inflict that on people....have you heard me sing?
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - I think I'd rather visit Disneyworld!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - I went to Paris in high school and we had a half day to do the Louvre. "Oh, no," said our chaperone, "Come back on the free day we have before we leave." That free day? It was the day (Thursday?) that everything shuts down in France. So...no Mona Lisa...no Winged Victory (which was what I really wanted to see).
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Is there anyone who hasn't? I got caught, though, too.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - Heck, I see a sunrise most mornings on the way to work!
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - If "from a plane" counts.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors - For what definition of "ancestor?" If parent's count, then yes... :^)
35. Seen an Amish community - Hard not to when you go to college in Lancaster, PA.
36. Taught myself a new language -
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - Well, for a certain definition of "truly satisfied." Certainly, I consider myself monetarily fortunate.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke - I'm sorry. I wouldn't inflict that on people....see 10 above.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Sanibel
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted - Well, drawn...as a little kid.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - Tried with Discovery Toys, if that counts.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - Quite a number of them...
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - My grandparents lived in D.C. when I was a kid (near enough to the zoo, in one apartment, that you could hear the lions roar) and one day my grandmother and I did several monuments and the zoo and a dime store. I think the Lincoln Memorial may be my favorite of all the memorials I've seen. He has a good face.
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone - A toe! How exciting!
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - I don't suppose a not-speeding Vespa counts...
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox - And mumps...and measels, both German and hard...
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury - Not a petit jury, but a grand jury. Great experience and I'd do it again in a flash.
91. Met someone famous - Define "famous." I've met a number of authors.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Rode an elephant - No, but I've been on a camel! Once while in England.