Monday, December 1, 2008

And.....We're Back!

The trip down...not so hot. The usual two-hour trip was three hours. Rachel was a little tense about getting there in time for class but we made it with an hour to spare.

On the way down, I worked on my orange scarf.


It's coming along. I've joined the third (and last) skein of yarn.

That cute polka-dotted thing is a little camera case sort of thing. Just a little light-weight protector that you slide the camera into before you throw it in your bag. The back side of it is stiff, the front, just stretchy padded fabric. Picked it up at Office Depot. The green and purple knit is a scarf I made a couple of years ago.

On the way back, I started something new.


This is a scarf for a friend who can't tolerate wool. This is Ella Rae's Silkience in a pattern I grabbed from one of my Japanese pattern books. I got one repeat done. Onward and upward.

I have ripped out the pale pink scarflet that I showed as started in a recent post. I'm not sure who I know would wear the Flower Scarf and I really should concentrate on things I know people want. I may turn that yummy, yummy yarn into a cowl of some kind. It won't go to waste.

And it looks as though the pretty pink socks will be going to my cable-loving cousin. So nice to find homes for things.

Miss you, Rachel!

No comments: