Tuesday, June 3, 2008

There's Something In The Air....

...and it's killing my eyes.

I come into work in the morning and my eyes start tearing and burning and by the end of the day I can't even focus anymore. They clear up after leaving work and are fine all weekend. Come into work and the same thing starts happening again. By last Friday, it took a couple of hours for my eyes to feel normal again. And it's happening to others here in the office, though less severely, I think.

Mr. Pointy Sticks and I went and looked at Subaru's last night. Sat in a couple of Imprezas and a Legacy. All the Outbacks were, well, out back and all locked up and we must have looked enough like window-shoppers that none of the salesmen walked out there with us to open one up. Anyway, I like the looks of the Impreza...but the Legacy feels like a grown-up's car. It was pretty comfortable. Comes in dull, dull colors though -- bronze, silver, gold and black were, I think, the only choices. The Impreza, on the other hand, comes in a pretty blue...and red. Anyway, I was more comfortable in these cars than in most of the Toyota's.

And we have to locate the closest Honda dealer. We went to where they used to be, but what used to be the dealership is now just a service center. Just across from the Maserati dealership.

The first of the Lorna's Laces sock, the start of which I flashed in the last post, is coming along nicely. I find the yarn sort of split-y. More so than the Madelienetosh or the Family Pendragon yarn. But it's striping nicely in a sort of slanty fashion. I'm almost down to the heel flap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I recently bought a Toyota Corolla (after the untimely death of my 14-year-old Nissan Sentra) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.