Monday, June 30, 2008

Hit The Ground Running

It's going to be a busy day but I'll grab a few minutes to tell you what we did this weekend.

Nothing.

Heck, we didn't even leave the house on Saturday. On Sunday....we did grocery shopping. Whoopie. It was not an exciting weekend chez Pointy Sticks. My brother and S. came for a quick visit on Sunday. My brother has written a blues song in honor of my knitting. That may show up in the next day or so.

But I did get a lot of reading done.

Current Reading

Friday evening I finished up Whistling in the Dark by Lesley Kagen. It was a fun read...the narrator's voice (ten-year old Sally O'Malley) is pretty distinctive though there were some flaws. A quick read.

On Saturday I read Deborah Crombie's latest, When Memories Lie. Not as good as her earlier mysteries, ot as good as the latest one with the barges, this one left me feeling sort of meh. I don't think I'll stop buying her books (Elizabeth George is at that stage for me. Even though people have been saying that this latest one is good. I'll try t from the library, thanks.) but I may wait for the paperbacks.

Yesterday I read Morag Joss' The Night Following, which I really liked. It's a sad'un though, like Half Broken Things.

Now I'm on to one of Michael Connelly's, The Last Coyote.

No comments: