Friday, June 20, 2008

Smooshy Redux

The sock, started on size 1 needles yesterday, was ripped out last night and re-started today on size 2's. It's much better. The fabric is less....cardboardy and stiff. I've only got the ribbing done so far, but I'll keep churning along and I think it'll be fine. The Smooshy is very pretty...just subtle shifts in color. I can't get a good picture of it here tonight...I'll work on it some more and try to get a shot tomorrow.

I got a package from the Loopy Ewe today. For the first time, I am less than thrilled with one of the yarns I got. See if you can guess which skein isn't my favorite!


First, from The Sanguine Gryphon - Bougainvillea


Another from the Sanguine Gryphon - Philebus (Philebus is one of the Socratic dialogues, as well as a speaker in that dialogue...according to Wikipedia, Philebus says something along the lines of "enjoyment and pleasure and delight, and the class of feelings akin to them, are a good to every living being." I can get behind that.)


And from Indie Dyer - New England Harbor

So...which one is....odd? Yup, that would be the last one, with the not-terribly-attractive acid yellow and dull greys and browns. Not my favorite. I wish the picture of it was still up on the Loopy Ewe because I'd love to know what made me order it.

No comments: