Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Good And The Bad

Good and Finished:

I've finished the Kaffe Fasset socks.


Here they are, reposing gently on Gizmo.

The Bad Side:

It's ten o'clock. I don't really have time to put a lot of thought into what socks to knit next and I don't really have time to divide a skein of yarn. So I'm grabbing the KnitPicks Essential in Bordeaux that I got a couple of weeks ago. It's in two balls, so no dividing necessary. And I'll grab one of the patterns I have upstairs that I took on our Massachusetts trip.

Good and Finished:

The Black Tower by Louis Bayard. I loved his first book, Mr. Timothy, the eponymous character being Tiny Tim all growed up. Wasn't as wild about A Pale Blue Eye, his second book, set in West Point and with Poe as one of the characters. But I really liked this one.

The Bad Side:

It's ten o'clock. I don't have a lot of time to settle on a new book to read. Fortunately, I got the newest Laura Lippman yesterday and that's a pretty safe bet to be good.

Oh, and I got this in the mail today --


So, one pair of socks done, three potential pairs entering the house.

Sigh.

No comments: