Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Love Noro

I know a lot of people who complain about Noro yarn. "It's full of vegetable matter!" they say. "It breaks!" "It's scratchy!" "It's full of knots!"

But those people can just send me their share of Noro, thank you kindly. Yes, it's a little more rustic than a lot of yarn but I've never had the veggie matter be anything but easy to detach from the yarn as I am knitting it up. I've never had it break while I was knitting it, even though it is a single-ply yarn. Yes, it's not divinely soft...though a good washing and a soak in some hair conditioner does wonder to make it less scratchy. And yes, there are the knots and it is somewhat irritating to have a knot break a color blend....but the yarn spit splices well.

And oh, those colors.


Yes, I started another pair of socks this afternoon. I took them, along with the rest of the stuff I'll mention in this post, out onto the front porch this afternoon for their photo session. After taking all the pictures, I decided to sit out front for a bit. By the time I went inside the sock looked like so:


I started these Noro socks because I finished these:


Creatively Dyed yarn...so yummy. And yes, they are from the same skein but one end of the skein had rather different colors than the other. the bottom sock here has more yellowy-green and less white. But I love them. They remind me of a forest glade.

And some new yarn joined the Mammoth Stash. Chestnut Bay Fibers was having a sale so I bought some stuff. Two pretty skeins of sock yarn....


And a yummy skein of sportweight. I was hoping to get a pair of quick, quick, quick socks out of it but at 230 yards, I'm a-feared the socks would be sort of short. So I'll have to think of something else to use this up in...


Any suggestions?

No comments: