Saturday, July 18, 2009

Do I Have A Point?

Why, yes! I do.


Baktus has turned the corner. I got a lot done on it this morning listening to NPR. It's an addictive knit and I find I am already thinking about the next one.

But really, I'm here to show off my prize! Look at all these goodies that Danielle from Pigmints Yarn sent me!


What a lovely and generous gift! She substituted a book for the Handpainted Sock book. I had told her that since I already had the book that she should just keep it for another give-away. So she said she was going to substitute a book. Now those that know me well know that I buy books at the drop of a hat, so I was thinking that I might end up with a duplicate anyway. But look! It's a book that I've looked at but not purchased. It's called Boutique Knits and it has some cute knits, including some adorable hats like this one:


There was also the dotty project bag and the needle holder and a 40" size 1 circular needle. And some stitchmarkers....


very spring-y.

And oh, I wish you could feel this yarn. It's merino and alpaca and oh, so soft. I think it is destined to be a knit thing rather than socks. It's too nice to waste on my feet!

And finally, here's the Wollmeise I ordered:


These colors are so-o-o-o-o intense!


I had heard that Wollmeise had a different sort of hand from other sock yarns and it's true. It's very smooth and sort of cotton-y feeling. I'm looking forward to knitting with it.

Hmmmm....another Baktus?

No comments: