Wednesday, June 3, 2009

That Old Rachel 13

When Rachel was about three, she was in daycare with Miss Rita. She didn't like it much...in fact, I would say she pretty much hated it. I kept thinking that I should look for another place but the day care center at work was supposed to open imminently...for about a year.

One day we picked her up from Miss Rita's (she came running to us when she saw us saying, "I thought I would never see you again!") and took her home, having a nice chat on the drive home about Sesame Street characters and such. When we got into the house, she got a box of Ritz crackers and trotted into the dining room, where I was sitting and looking at my mail. She said, "Mom, I want to tell you something..." as she clambered up into a chair. She got all settled down in her chair and I asked her what she wanted to tell me. "Well," she said, sort of looking around the room musingly, "not many big people or children have ever sat in these chairs."

No comments: