Thursday, June 11, 2009

Free Books -- Just Not Quite Yet

I realized that I hadn't added the books I've been reading for a while. Just hadn't realized how long a while. So now that list is updated. Some quick comments on them:

In the Shadow of Gotham - Quiet...just on the edge of boring.
Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - Less twee than the title might suggest. I love the narrator/detective.
A Darker Domain - Val McDermid doesn't disappoint.
Sovereign - Okay...no Ariana Franklin.
The Missing - Wonderful, wonderful book.
The Steam Pig - Fascinating...a re-read.
The Redbreast - Okay. Not sure I'd seek out more Nesbo.
Bloodless Shadows - Good first mystery...interesting detective.
Little Face - A little over the top but a quick read.

Now...one of the threads I really liked on Readerville was the Free Books thread where people offered up books (for free) to others that might like them. And I think I'll continue it. What do you all think? Every once in a while I'll offer up some titles. They might be duplicates (I do have a tendency to buy books more than once.) or they might be books that I liked well enough but don't necessarily think I'll ever read again. So stay tuned.

Meanwhile - KWARREN, please email me. The only email addy I seem to have for you is through Readerville and I'm thinking that won't be working. I have a question for you.

No comments: