Thursday, September 13, 2007

You'd Think If It Took Me Two Years...

So why, if those pastel stripy pair of Trekking socks has taken me two years to finish (not that they're finished yet), did I start another pair? Well, I found this nice yarn. I had heard a lot about Diakeito on various blogs and when I found this, I couldn't resist. (I think it was at Woolstock in Glyndon, MD - nice shop.) And the colors were so pretty and autumnal, well, two skeins were in my bag before I knew it. These socks are going to be for me....unless I decide to give them to someone else. The yarn isn't super soft, but has a pleasant crispness in one's hands. It feels like autumn, as well as looking that way.

The Trekking socks are being knit following Cat Bordhi's basic pattern in Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles, a good clear explanation of how to knit a sock. These Diakeito socks are being knit from a pattern in Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. There actually is a knit/purl pattern in these cuffs, though the stripiness makes the pattern hard to see.

So there's another project I have underway. Tomorrow, perhaps there will be a tale of two blankets.

No comments: