Sunday, September 16, 2007

Houston, Perhaps We Have A Problem...

This afternoon Mr. Pointy Sticks was tidying up in our computer-room-slash-office and found a carton of yarn. Oh, not a large carton...but still, a whole box. Six skeins of Handpainted.com yarn in a gorgeous rich orange and two in a pretty orange-ish red. I have no memory of buying them...no idea what I had in mind for them. But there they are. Huh. But they sure are nice. So...1300 yards of orange and about 430 of red. This will require some cogitation.

Maybe tomorrow I'll take a picture of this yarn on our Front Porch of Photography. Then everyone can bask in the orange-y splendor.

Currently Reading

Well, I just finished Ann Packer's Songs Without Words and I gotta say, "Eh." I remember liking The Dive From Claussen's Pier a lot. (I wonder if I still would if I read it today.) Okay, part of the problem might be that I've had a sort of niggley headache all day...but jeez, these characters just think too much. And analyze and fret and then think some more. So, color me disappointed. Of course, you notice I managed to read the entire thing in a day and a half. So I guess it wasn't too awful. But still, all that thinking.

Next off the stack will be, I think Haven Kimmel's The Used World. I've liked all of her books so far, so I have high hopes for this one.

3 comments:

Kitt said...

Oh, I didn't know there was a new Kimmel out! Love her stuff.

I didn't want to say before that the Packer got totally panned by the NYT, I mean really shredded. But now you've read it, so I guess they were right.

I picked up the galley, and will probably read it because I liked her first so much. But I won't feel bad if I don't like it.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Found yarn! That's fun.

I disliked Dive from Clausen's Pier so much I threw it across the room after I finished it, then left it there for the dog to chew on. So it's a safe bet I won't be adding the new one to my TBR stack.

Rooie said...

I'd be happy to send you mine! :^)