Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh, my....the soft

Today I was home sick. But this made me feel better....



This is the yarn for the ISE5 scarf I'll be knitting. Cashmere....I think she will like that. I mean, who wouldn't? I know she likes pastels and this is a pretty soft pink...not too bright. And it is going to be a dream to knit, I can tell. I won this on eBay from Sarah's yarns...won it on Monday and got it on Thursday. There is one knot in the two skeins. Not too bad.

Now to decide if I want to throw some beads in the mix. After doing the Mystery Stole, beading is rather on my mind. I just don't know if I have beads that this yarn will fit through.

Currently Reading

You can get a fair amount of reading done when you're home sick. I finished Becoming Strangers and read Gilgamesh by Joan London, which I liked a lot. It's about a young Australian girl in the years before, during, and after WWII. She becomes pregnant and travels, just before war breaks out, to Armenia, in search of her baby's father.

Now into Fascination, a collection of short stories by William Boyd. Some of the stories come back to characters from a story earlier in the collection. Hmmm...that's awkwardly put. Some of the stories pick up on the lives of characters from earlier stories. They don't follow each other and not all the stories are connected...just some of them. One of the interesting things about reading a collection of stories like this is that you can start picking up on little tricks, like certain metaphors that the author likes particularly and uses a lot.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That yarn looks absolutely luscious! It looks like it will be nice to knit with, the kind where you don't want to stop knitting simply because you like the feel of the yarn. I've been yearning to knit with cashmere, but haven't been able to afford it. I found a nice Louise Harding wool/angora mix for my ISE5 scarf. I know I'll enjoy working with it.

Your MS3 is lovely. I'm almost through Clue 2. I stopped and switched yarn to the Zepher, which was easier to work with than the thinner merino/silk yarn I was using. Someday I'll post a photo when it's done!

Rooie said...

The yarn is a dream to knit with...just runs through your fingers like whipped cream. I got 400 yards of the four-ply cashmere for $25 off eBay. Not too bad, I thought, though a bit more than I usually spend on the yarn for one scarf.

I did a Mystery Stole swatch in Zephyr, too, and really liked it but the color was not really suitable...I didn't have any beads that looked good in it. This yarn is elan's baby lace merino or some such and is very fiddly to knit with.