Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Am I Straying?

I’ve done the heel turn on the little Stormy Days sock and yesterday at lunch I settled down with my copy of the Nanner pattern to try to make the heel flap. I have to play with the numbers, as mine don’t match up with Nanner’s exactly, and I didn’t think it was going to be hard...it shouldn't be hard...but something went very wrong and I wound up with stitches disappearing far too rapidly on one side of the heel flap. I’ll have to try again today at lunch. I don’t see why it shouldn’t work…I think I must have done something stupid. Onward and upward….

Or maybe…sideways. I actually brought another pair of size 1 Addis and some Black Bunny Fibers yarn to work with me this morning and I spent a little time cruising through sock patterns on Ravelry while things were slow. Could this mean I am about to be unfaithful?

Time will tell. (Though I am afraid my Puritan forefathers will keep me from doing anything so self-indulgent.)

In other knitting news, I finished the orange scarf yesterday on the way home from work. Remember that orange scarf? The lacy one I’ve been working on forevvvvvver? I still have to weave in the ends and give it a good wash and a blocking (oooh, and I have new blocking wires to play with!) and then, perhaps, I’ll get some pictures of it. It’s a pretty thing but I think I may be giving it to a coworker whose mother loves orange. Because it is very, very orange.

Other than that…not much going on here. Today is Tuesday (no duh) and I may go up to The Black Sheep this evening. And I may drag Maureen along with me, if I can. I need to take some Hampshire materials to Tracy and see how serious she was about Rachel being able to work there this summer.

No comments: