Sunday, November 9, 2008

That Weekend Sure Was Thrilling

Really. We did just about nothing. We're just so exciting.

I did get the socks mailed off to Kaethe, as well as an advent calendar for her girls. I should have taken a picture, but I was so focused on getting them wrapped up and into a box that I forgot to do so. They were incredibly, deliciously, soft when they were dry. Yum. I'm going to have to make myself a pair of Lorna's Laces socks one of these days.

We did (yippee) go to the grocery store, and to the drug store to re-up my amoxicillin (I am becoming convinced this has all been caused by an abscessed tooth...one of my teeth, which was fine when Dr. L. tested it, is now exceedingly sensitive and sore. So there may be a root canal in my future. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.)

I did manage to get to Borders. Those nice Borders people had sent me a coupon for my birthday. Just out of the goodness of their hearts, I'm sure. Anyway, I wandered around the store for a bit and finally selected Lucinda Guy's Handknits for Kids.


I have her And So To Bed... book, which has some cute things. This new one (new to me...I think it's actually the older of the books) has a cute stuffed cat,


stuffed mice and some adorable sweaters and hats


for kids. And with my coupon and $5 in Borders bucks I had, it was only $12. Not too bad.

I was tempted to get Teach Yourself Visually: Sock Knitting, but when push came to shove, I fell for the cute over the utilitarian. I really want to learn to knit socks from the toe up and this book had information on that. But the photos were so small. I mean really! You'd think a book on teaching yourself visually would have nice large close-ups of things!

Tomorrow perhaps I'll write up a little review of Nicky Epstein's Signature Scarves...with pictures. Some of them are....unusual. Now I'm off to read and sleep.

1 comment:

Kaethe said...

Well, that's something exciting to look forward to. I'll try and post a picture as soon as the package arrives.