Sunday, November 28, 2010

Augh! It's Almost December!

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving weekend. We had a nice Turkey Day, though I missed my VA cousin, who couldn't make it because her dog broke his leg right before the holiday. Let's all think good thoughts for Pongo. [Update: Unfortunately the vet's early diagnosis of osteosarcoma was correct...now let's hope he's a survivor.]

We got a little half-ham and a small turkey roast from Honey-Baked Ham and my, they were tasty! All neatly sliced, so sandwiches later were a joy. And there was other good stuff...two kinds of potatoes, spinach Madeliene, green beans with mustard sauce, sweet potatoes. And two kinds of pie for dessert. Another of my cousins hosted it. I didn't take my camera with me, because none of us like to have our picture taken, but I had forgotten that she had two new kittens. One of them, the male (by name of Sparky) pretty much vanished for the festivities, but the female (as yet unnamed though she may just stick with her shelter name...Turvy (her brother was...you guessed it...Topsy)) was very sociable and spend some time curled up in my lap, purring and purring.

The rest of the weekend has been uneventful. I've about decided that maybe two-day weekends are better...I kept putting things off. "Laundry? I have three...two...one days to do that!" "Cleaning the bathroom? I have three...two...one days to do that!" "Making scones? I have three...two...one days to do that!":

So I am sort of running around today, trying to get things done.

No comments: