Sunday, August 1, 2010

Knitting Magic

Lookie here!

Now you see it!

Now you don't!!

I was galloping along quite nicely on these happy socks. But a couple of days ago, I saw this:

I think it may be a place where I did an inadvertent yarn-over when switching between the front and back needles. Work at it how I might, I couldn't ease the extra yarn out into the rest of the row. So, after a couple days of trying to make myself decide that it wasn't a big deal, I finally realized that I couldn't just ignore it. So r-r-r-r-r-i-i-i-i-i-p-p-p-p-p...out it came.

But an afternoon spent driving over to my dad's and back again, and sitting and chatting after lunch got me almost all the way back to where I was when I decided to rip it out.

And no hole!!

I'm reading a pretty gripping book. Yesterday I read Anne Tyler's Noah's Compass, which I liked. Though I think the ending was sort of sad. And then, at 11:30, I picked up Chevy Steven's Still Missing...and at 2:30 a.m. I forced myself to put the book down since I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I'm not saying it's the best book in the world, but it sure is hard to put down. I think Realtors might think twice before reading it. (Apparently you're supposed to capitalize Realtor.)

No comments: