Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Found Something Odd In Our Driveway

After a brief stop, Mr. Pointy Sticks and I came home this afternoon and...what was this strange thing in the driveway?! It has some holes...

It has some funny indentations...
It seemed to be trying to curse....


It has some initials...

It had some shiny spots....

Parts of it were red...

But most of it was purple.


Let me introduce you to our new car, a shiny Scion xB...the color is called murasaki, which is Japanese for purple. I love, love, love this color and I love the car. I got to drive it home from the dealer...much fun. And speaking as an old lady with bad knees, I love how easy it is to get in and out of. And the interior? Big enough to throw a party in.

I love this car.

I'm not sure of it's name yet. It might be Shikubi, which was Lady Murasaki's given name (sort of). Or it might be Gromwell, another name for the plant from which Lady Murasaki got her name. Or it could be Genji, after Lady Murasaki's novel...

It'll come to us.

No comments: