Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Lovely Evening

I am obviously just not cut out to be a blogger. Mr. Pointy Sticks, Rachel and I went out to dinner with my co-worker E. and her husband this evening. They had invited us to join them at Dukem, an Ethiopian restaurant in Baltimore. So I carefully put my camera in my bag. And did I take it out to take any pictures? No! Such an idiot. Well, actually, I did remember...but only at the very end when the only things to take a picture of would have been Rachel's carry-out container.

But it was a nice time. Tasty food, too. Though I must say that, in texture, the injera (a flat bread) reminded me of a foam seat cushion....only in texture...it was very tasty. I had a combination plate with two different beef dishes, a lamb dish and tomato salad. Yum. I believe that Rachel liked it more than she was expecting to, though both she and Mr. Pointy Sticks said that they would have liked a fork.

It was a nice evening not only because we got to spend time with E. and her husband, both of whom I like an awfully lot, and not only because Rachel got a chance to meet them, but also because it was so out of our usual rut. We rarely....very rarely....go into the city anymore for any reason and to do so for dinner on a week night? Unheard of. And we've never tried Ethiopian food. And I had a beer. (Good for my bones, doncha know. I love it that that article says that more research is needed. Bet they don't have trouble finding volunteers for that one.) We really should do this sort of thing more often.

So that was fun.

The Noro scarf is at the half-way point. Pictures tomorrow perhaps. If I remember.

No comments: