Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh Look, It's A Work Week

Well, I have to say that weekend sort of fizzled out. Saturday was okay. A little expensive as Rachel decided that she wanted to get some basic (but good) make-up and she got a haircut. Turns out that the haircut, which looked fine as we walked out of the salon, really isn't all that great. Is there anything more depressing then the feeling of knowing that you are stuck with a bad haircut for weeks to come? (And yes, I know there's plenty worse, in the overall scheme of things...work with me here.)

On Sunday I feel as though we spent all day in the car. Rachel had her interview at 7:00 a.m., so we were in the car at 6:30 a.m. to get to Pikesville, sat in the car for a bit over an hour while she interviewed (it went well), sat in the car for two hours to Fredericksburg, sat in the car as we drove around to get her groceries, sat in the car for two hours home again. I was stiff.

Monday...well, it was just sort of bleh. I got the bathrooms cleaned. Did some (more) grocery shopping. Nothing fun.

And now we are expecting some snow tomorrow. I'm sure it won't amount to anything. It's been a rather disappointing winter, snow-wise. I do like a good snow day.

I am on the ribbing on Little Mr. Second Sock. Whiz bang!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's Herself interviewing for?

Rooie said...

Admission to Hampshire College, up in Massachusetts.

Life's a Stitch said...

I always think of the saying "there's only three weeks between a bad haircut and a good one." It's brought me comfort in the past.