Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Little Breath Of Spring

It was so nice and balmy this afternoon. The Front Porch of Photography was quite pleasant, so I took some pictures of a recent Webs box (or rather, its contents) and then sat for a bit, listening to the kids next door play basketball.

So...the Webs box....

Let me step back a couple of years. Maureen and I went down to Hampden to check out a little yarn store. I was on the search for some yarn in the red/orange/pink family to make a scarf for a Readerville friend. And we walked into this tiny (nice, but tiny) shop and they had a pile of scrumptious yarn by Dive' called Teseo. There was one colorway that was hot pink and red and orange and so-o-o-o-o-o pretty and soft and fluffy. But they only had one ball. Drat.

Well, ever since then, I've been on the look-out for Teseo yarn. And then...a week or so ago, I was looking in Webs Closeouts section and there was Teseo. Not the hot pink one that I had seen in Hampden but I did like these a lot....


This is Rose.


And this is Butter.

And, as long as I was going for the Teseo, I threw these in the box too.


Araucania Ranco Solid in a pretty blue and pretty green. Very spring-like, like the weather.


And Alpaca Sox in pretty pastels. And it looks sort of fuzzy and soft, doesn't it?

In fact, it was a pretty spring-y box, wasn't it?

Little Mr. Second Sock is coming along nicely after his setback earlier in the week. I'm about up to the half-way point. Soon, very soon, I'll be into the heel flap. Yay! It's going to be a handsome pair of socks, I think.

No comments: