Friday, February 13, 2009

Now, This Is My Kind Of Friday!

What a nice Friday. I mean, how can you go wrong with the following elements all in place:

1) Leave work 4 hours early, with a three-day weekend in front of you.
2) Pick up your daughter at the train station for a weekend visit.
3) Run into The Black Sheep to pick up a special order and a little sumpin' sumpin'.
4) Come home to find a present in the mail.

We also managed to find a new Asus laptop for Rachel, whose laptop at school is making odd noises and apparently dying.

So, you wanna see the Black Sheep goodies? I thought you did!


This was the special order...Pagewood Farms Alyeska in Denim. You may remember way back when Rachel I went up the The Black Sheep one evening and got involved in helping them order yarn? Well, Rachel really liked this colorway when she saw it that night and I ordered a skein for her. (I think she is a little disappointed that this one is a green as it is. Seems to me that the sample we saw was much bluer...much more the color of faded jeans. But that's the chance you take with hand-dyes yarn and the reason, I suppose, some people don't like it.)

I knew that evening that I would never be able to choose from all the samples so I decided that I would just wait until the nine skeins that Tracy ordered were in and that I would choose one from that selection. Well, I should have know that it wouldn't be that simple.

I ended up with two...


Alyeska in Crayon. (The Alyeska yarn is merino and cashmere. Can you say "yummy?")


And this is Pagewood Farms Yukon in Bird of Paradise. Yukon is a merino/bamboo blend. Incredibly soft and with a suppleness that says "I'm gonna be all drapey and gorgeous." I think this one may have to be a little scarflet. Something like the ones that the Glampyre has been churning out. On the other hand, I don't have a lot of sock yarn in shades of green...so it could still end up being socks....but I really think a scarf/shawlet is the way I'm going to go with this.

And what was the present in the mail? Well, my cousin and his family sent us our Christmas presents...I love it when Christmas stretches out like this. Rachel had gotten her present from them at school last week. And now it was our turn. Mr. Pointy Sticks got a Barnes and Noble gift card. And I got this:


You cannot believe how soft and scrumptious this alpaca yarn is. There's about 260 yards. Don't know what it's going to be yet, but oh my, is it nice!

And hey...I've actually been knitting on something other than Little Mister Second Sock.

I couldn't resist the siren song of another Noro two-stripe ribbed scarf. They are so addictive.


I just love Noro colors. Ahhhhhh, Noro.


I hope everyone reading this has just as nice a Friday and a super weekend. Perhaps Little Mr. Second Sock will show up tomorrow.

No comments: