Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happy Things

Amy, over at Knit Think, posted on October 11th, some pictures of things that make her happy. And invited others to do the same. Taking that personally, here are a few things around my house which make me happy (excluding the husband, kid and cats, for the moment):



The little shelf in the kitchen that holds my collection of Zuni fetishes and some pretty yellow teacups. As well as the Bjorn Wiinblad wineglass that my aunt gave to my mom and my mom eventually gave to me.



The glass hummingbirds in my kitchen window.



A shelf in a cupboard with some old toys of mine and some of my daughter's, including, there in the back, the kewpie doll (Pinksie) that was given to me on the day I was born.



A cross-stitch of the moon that one of my cousins made for me.



"African Night," a picture my daughter made when she was eleven. (Sorry about the flash.)

So there you have it. Things that make me happy.

5 comments:

Kitt said...

Wow, you're just posting up a storm!

I love those hummingbirds.

Rooie said...

I've sort of put myself into a box here. I've posted something ever day and now it's gotten so I don't want to break the chain.

I'm sure one of these days I'll just have nothing to say.

Or my internet will die or something.

Kitt said...

It's National Blog Writing Month, y'know!

I started out just posting on knitting, but didn't knit enough to sustain it, so I branched out. It makes me find something interesting -- if only to me -- every day.

Caroline said...

i love THESE things, especially the cup with the smile. What a wonderful blog! I put a link to it on my blog and now I'm addicted to reading yours every day.

Caroline L.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing other people's happy things! It's funny how sometimes just the littlest things can make us happy. I suppose there's a moral in there somewhere.