Saturday, October 16, 2010

Second Mitten Class

So the intrepid stranded mitten knitters met again today for the second time. I had only gotten to the top of the thumb gusset and there I had run into stitch count problems again... I was afraid that I would be way behind everyone because we were supposed to be up to the decreases. But happily, we were all at about the same place. The class members are pretty well matched that way. And a nice group in general.


I talked to Jeannie and got it straightened out pretty quickly and kept up the knitting...for the three hours. And at the end of the class, I had completed eight (count them, 8) rows. That's s-l-o-o-o-o-o-o-w knitting, folks. Here's where I was at the end of the class.

(It's sort of hard to photograph red, I find. Plus, I had to take the photo with my left hand.)

At the end of the class I got everyone to put their mittens together so that I could take a picture of all the pretty color combinations.

Aren't they pretty? No surprise...the teacher's mittens are the pretty, almost finished, purple ones on the far left.

Next class in four weeks...or is it five? Anyway, onward and upward.

No comments: