Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hats Off!

Off the needles, that is.

Last Wednesday evening old Gizmo slowly and creakily made his way up into my lap and circled around once or twice and then, with a big sigh, settled down and started purring. Well, I couldn't bear to move him but there I was...no book, no current knitting project, no crossword puzzle book. So I grabbed some needles and some yarn that was sitting there and cast on for a little hat.

I actually thought it was going to be a baby sized hat but I can fit it over my fat head...though I think it would look better on someone with a slightly smaller cranium. Anyway, here it is, drying on a towel:

After making the Greenleaf Baby Hat, I decided to put a leaf on the end of this one, too, since the colors are so autumnal. (Don't worry...the leaf doesn't actually stick up like a flag.)

Perhaps I'll offer it to my cousin Becca...she always says she has a tiny head. (It's full of brains, so it can't be that small.)

No comments: