Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Inordinately Fond Of Stupid Things Like This

  1. Do you like bleu cheese? Yum...yes, I do. Especially in salad dressing.
  2. Have you ever smoked? (Ummm...we're talking tobacco here, yes?) Nope. Saw an anti-smoking film in third or fourth grade. It included a cartoon sequence of a nasty little monster running around your lungs injecting them with nicotine so that they turned all green and drippy. No way I was letting anything poke needles in my lungs! (I had a thing about hypodermics.)
  3. Do you own a gun? No.
  4. Favorite type of food? Oooh, I don't know if I can decide this....something oriental I think...Japanese, Chinese or Vietnamese.
  5. Favorite type of music? Tough one. Indie rock? Rag time? Classical? Baroque? Ballet? Gregorian chant? Any of those, as the mood takes me.
  6. What do you think of hot dogs? I think they are made from reject meats and I don't want anything to do with them...except about once every three years when I really, really want one.
  7. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Carol (the one with George C. Scott)
  8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Usually a diet soda...I know, I know...it's a terrible thing to drink.
  9. Can you do push ups? HA HA HA ha ha ha ah ha ha ha HA HA HA....
  10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I have a fair amount of jewelry (nothing really pricey...just costume stuff mostly) and I like a lot of it but I really can't say I have a favorite. Though I guess for sentimental reasons I should say my wedding band. Which I am very fond of actually...Mr. Pointy Sticks bought it for me on my 40th birthday as a replacement to the very, very dainty one he married me with. And when the saleslady handed it to him, he slipped it on my finger and kissed me. And all the salesladies went "Awww!"
  11. Favorite hobby? Reading, knitting, playing computer games, birding, beading.
  12. Do you have A.D.D.? No.
  13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Glasses. Wore contacts for quite a while but couldn't wear them and do cross-stitch with them, so went back to glasses...which I've been wearing since I was born, it feels like.
  14. Middle name? Linn. It was my mother's maiden name and almost all the girl cousins have it as their middle name.
  15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment: Wish it was Friday...Should I go upstairs and watch Mad Men when I finish this?...What am I going to wear to work tomorrow?
  16. Name three drinks you regularly drink: Diet Coke, fruit juice and seltzer, water.
  17. Current worry? Getting Rachel situated for the summer, one place or another.
  18. Current hate right now? Republicans.*
  19. Favorite place to be? I love Sanibel.
  20. How did you bring in the new year? I think I was asleep before midnight..
  21. Someplace you’d like to go? I'm not much of a traveler, really.
  22. Do you own slippers? Yes, I have some scruffy corduroy slippers and the toe of one of them is split...they really need to be replaced but I can't find any I really like.
  23. What color shirt are you wearing? Blue
  24. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No.
  25. Can you whistle? Yes, though I don't do it very well.
  26. Where are you now? In the computer room with two sleeping (snoring) cats.
  27. Would you be a pirate? No, I don't get all the pirate love...probably have something to do with Johnny Depp who does nothing for me.
  28. What songs do you sing in the shower? I make up songs. The latest one was (sung to the tune of Tonight from West Side Story): "Sham Poo! Sham Poo! I only use Sham Poo. I don't use real Poo on my hair!..."
  29. Favorite girl’s name? Oh, as soon as I write something here I'll think of another name I like as well or better. I know I should say Rachel, and I do like that name, but really it was a compromise. I like Laura a lot. And Tamar. And Ann.
  30. Favorite boy’s name? Jacob, maybe.
  31. What is in your pocket right now? Some snotty tissues. I took the interesting stuff (money, cell phone and keys) out as soon as I cam home..
  32. Last thing that made you laugh? Watching the Daily Show from April 19th..."Those F@#king Guys!"
  33. What vehicle do you drive? An old Camry...an older Volvo.
  34. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Broken toe?!
  35. Do you love where you live? Eh. It's okay. The house has no character, the neighborhood is dull...but it's okay.
  36. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three.
  37. How many computers do you have in your house? Working? Five, I think.
  38. If you changed your job, what would it be? Someone independently wealthy?
  39. If you had three wishes what would they be? That the people of the world would wise up and just get along. To see intelligent life from another planet. Long and happy lives for everyone I know.

____________

* This is sort of a gross blanket statement...there are some Republicans I know of who seem like decent guys. I just dislike (because hate is such a strong word) the loud-mouth, obstructionist, lying, idiotic Republican congressmen and spokespeople....(Palin, I'm looking at you, you evil person)...

2 comments:

Oh, Brother said...

Oh, you've been busy on the Blog! Good! Re: #15, well . . . . there was Abraham Lincoln . . .

daughter said...

thank you for not naming me tamar.