Monday, April 19, 2010

Hello, Socks!

So, I got a new sock book this weekend....and with Charlene Schurch's name on it, you know it's going to be good.


(Not that I have anything against Beth Parrott...I just don't know her. She looks nice.)

And oh, there are some nice socks in here. There are 23 different patterns, all of which were originally patterns sent out for sock clubs or various sock knit alongs. Really there's only one pair that I can't see making for myself...they are lace-up-the-back knee highs. I just don't think I have that much sexy left in me. Plus when I showed them to Mr. Pointy Sticks and asked what he thought, he said he thought they were strange.

Here are the ones I love, love, love....


Look at those colors. Okay, most of the reason I love these is the yarn...I mean, look at those colors. They are knit from special gradient yarn from The Unique Sheep.

There are socks by names you'll recognize, I think, if you're a sock knitter...besides Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrott, there's Debbie O'Neill, Judy Alexander, and these lovelies by Anne Hanson.


There's a pair that looks a lot like Monkeys and another pair that looks a lot like Jaywalkers but most of these socks are pretty and different. Some pretty cables, a pair of pretty mosiac socks, some openwork.

But the things that makes this book different is a section on how to re-size socks...by adding pattern repeats, changing gauge, changing spacing, changing elements with patterns, etc. Lots of good information here.

I'd give this book an A.

No comments: