Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Have Been Knitting

In addition to the interminable sleeves of Rachel's sweater, I have been churning away on other stuff.

I made a hat for my brother.


It's Jared Flood's Turn-A-Square hat. I modified it by adding, at my brother's request, a fold-up brim. A quick knit...took me less than a week with other stuff on the needles.

And I've started my March Red Scarf.


It's less pink and more red than it appears here. I'm doing seed stitch, but working two rows before changing my knits to purls and vice versa.

Other than that, not much worth mentioning. My cough still lingers. I'm thinking of naming it...Rolf the Cough.

Mr. Pointy Sticks and I are watching, courtesy of my co-worker Elizabeth, the first season of Mad Men and enjoying it greatly.

I am reading Dan Simmon's Carrion Comfort but I keep taking breaks for other books.

We made a roast chicken this evening which was okay but made me miss Rachel.

And now to bike!

3 comments:

Oh, Brother said...

Good For You on the bike!

And thanks again for the hattie. My head is prospectively warm.

ml said...

Don't you think that Oh Brother needs a couple of those little bells, too?

Rooie said...

Somehow, I'm thinking bells would not be welcome....